Monday, January 30, 2012

Drama homework help: shakeshpere to modern language?

i need help on an assignment i had gotten for drama. and i have no clue... i have to covert a shakeshpere monologe to today's modern languge.... here' the monloge:



Play: Midsummer night's dream

Character: Helena



Body:

Call you me fair? That fair again unsay.

Demetrius loves you fair, O happy fair!

Your eyes are lode-stars; and your tounge's sweet air.

More tuneable than lark to shepherd's ear,

When wheat is green, when hawthorn bud's appear

Sickness is catching; O, were favour so,

My ear should catch your voice, my eye your eye

My tounge should catch your tounge's sweet melody,

Were the world mine, Demetrius being bated,

The rest I'd give to you translated.

O, teach me how you look, and with what art.

You sway the motion pf Demetrius' heart.



this is what i chose for a monologe and the modern english translation is due tomorrow. so i need ur help
Drama homework help: shakeshpere to modern language?
did you say i'm pretty? Say it again

Demetrius loves me Oh Wow

your eyes are so beautiful, your voice is so wonderful.....

etc

Now you try, you didn't think we were going to do the whole thing for you did you?
dermatitis

No comments:

Post a Comment