Friday, January 27, 2012

Has anyone had a negative interaction w/ Adderall & antacids and herbal/vitamin products?? Please Advise!?

I accidentally, without thinking, took an antacid this afternoon about an hour after taking my afternoon dose of 15 mg short acting Adderall. Then my heart started to race. I couldn't figure out why it would come on all of a sudden like that. I went online to check the side effects/interactions and read that antacids can cause serious side effects. Then I decided to take a beta blocker (atenolol) to slow my heart down. I checked effects/interactions again and learned that beta blockers can cause severe side effects. What to do? I remembered I had some herbal products for the heart so I took them thinking because they are natural they won't harm me. I took Hawthorn for heart support and Collius Forskolii for blood pressure regulaton. I couldn't belive I could be so dense. Both of those supplements are nothing less than medicine in herbal form. So now I'm thinking....I'm gonna die. That made my heart pound faster. It's been about 1 hour since my "episode" and I am still alive.Any advice?
Has anyone had a negative interaction w/ Adderall %26amp; antacids and herbal/vitamin products?? Please Advise!?
I take adderall and i also have acid reflux so i constantly take antacids during the day even right after taking my adderall. Your hear started to race because you panicked when you took the antacid. Trust me your just over-reacting. You probably shouldn't have started loading yourself with meds the second you started freaking out though lol. It won't hurt you to take an antacid with adderall or herbal/vitamin products you just had a panic attack is all.
Reply:Relax. Do not take anything else and call the Emergency room or your physician. If you cannot get an answer from them, then call Poison Control. If you do not feel well in any way,CALL 911,to take you to the Emergency room to be checked out and monitored. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hope you feel better!

Amy J.
Fitness Shoes
  • light makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment